Desroche island – Massive villa Price Reduction for urgent sale
Duly instructed by our client, we are mandated now to reduce the price of one of his two prime villas on this magical island to BELOW COST.
Villa 136 is now reduced by Euro's 300,000 for a quick sale - was Euro's 1,6m - now Euros 1,3m
The opportunity also exists to purchase the other neighboring villa 92/company adjoining Villa 136 for Euro's 2,6 m as a "package deal offering" creating a seafront property of app 5000 sqm and 70 m of the most beautiful beachfront.
This is certainly a not to be repeated offer - act now before this opportunity is missed.
1. The Island
Desroches form part of the Amirantes Archipelago, regarded as one of the most pristine and mystique in the world, where only sustainable development is permitted under exceptional circumstances.
Desroches is 6 km long and up to 1.5 km wide. It has 14 km of immaculate beaches, crystal blue waters and is protected on its South-East side by its own coral reef. Only about 5 km of beach front is open for development. There is only one hotel run by Four Seasons. A small Creole village houses the workers and their families.
Endless Summer - it offers a perfect climate all year round and lies outside the cyclone belt. Rainfall averages about 50 cm a year. May to October is the dryer season, November until March the Northwest trade winds are generally gentle and bring calm weather. The outside temperature is between 25⁰ to 32⁰C and the sea temperature 26⁰ to 28⁰C all year round.
There is no malaria on the Island. Snorkelling, diving and fishing are outstanding around this remote Island.
2. The Property
· Rights in the parcel of a villa which will be transferred are held in a 70 years' lease (starting from November 2002) the transfer of which will be ratified and sanctioned by the Seychelles Government, with no annual rental payments. The lease extension can be negotiated with the Seychelles Government before expiry.
· The size of the parcel measures approximately 2,500m² with 35m of beach frontage. The villas are a mere 20m from the beach.
· The size of the building is 440m² including decking and a private rim flow swimming pool.
· The fully furnished villa offers four en-suite air-conditioned bedrooms. All rooms including lunch and dining room are tastefully styled and equipped with gas and electric stoves and two fridges (Bosch).
· There are at present only very few (2 known) villas of Desroches Phase 1 up for sale.
3. Services and Transport
· Electricity, water and utility services are provided by the IDC for all on the Island.
· The present service for pool and garden is done by the IDC (Island Development Company) who will also offer a cleaning service once the refurbishment is completed by end of 2016. There is a DVOA (Desroches Villa Owners Association) Manager on the Island. The total service cost of the IDC are estimated at US$ 3,000 per month form 2017, including repair and maintenance.
· Owners will have the option to join the rental pool of the Desroches Hotel once opened again in 2017. Negotiations to start with the Operator "Four Seasons" in 2017. This would generate a EURO income for the owner and could cover service cost of the Hotel. Service cost of the Hotel are not known at present.
· Four Seasons, an international premier tourism company (also managing Four Seasons Mahé) would maintain and market the Hotel and the villa within a rental pool agreement to be negotiated.
· Scheduled flights from Mahé to Desroches will operate at least 6 days per week once the Hotel is completed (IDC Aviation). At present owners would charter planes (4-20 seaters). Villa owners (Desroches Villa Owners Association) quite often communicate and share flights to/from the Island. Flights take about 35 minutes one way.
There are also overnight boat trips (charter) for the more adventurous (approx. 230km South-East of Mahé. Some owners have their own yachts to travel from Mahé to Desroches.
4. Acquisition Process and Price
· The Purchaser will purchase the Villas via a company takeover
Villa Marianne - Fineprops Seychelles (Pty) Ltd
Villa Mahé - Roches Props (Pty) Ltd
Transaction: Shares of the company would simply be taken over by the new owner(s).
· A villa could be shared in a syndicate/company between up to 8 owners and their families)
· Tax on acquisition of parcel of transfer of the parcel (inclusive the villa), the following taxes will be payable to the Government by the Purchaser:
- Stamp Duty of 5% is payable on transfer
- Sanction Processing Fee of 1.5% on application for transfer
- Sanction Duty of 3.5% is payable on transfer. NOTE: Sanction Duty will not be payable where the parcel is placed in a Government sanctioned Rental Pool Scheme (Desroches Hotel).
5. Seychelles Residency
In terms of the Civil Status Act in Seychelles, the Purchaser will be eligible to apply for Seychelles Residency Permits on execution of sub-lease of the Desroches Villa. This is subject to the Residency Fees being paid and currently is SCR 50,000.
The Residency Permit is available to individual owners of a villa as well as individual owners of a company that purchases a villa. The Residency Permit can extend to the spouse and children of the purchaser(s).
NOTE: In case of Villa Marianne and Villa Mahé up to eight owners/families are eligible for Residency Permits.
Life in the Seychelles is like being on a permanent holiday – provided that lazing under palm trees, swimming in tropical temperature crystal clear water and basking in weather that rarely drops below 25 degrees is your type of thing! Don’t expect first world shopping centres, late night entertainment and Gucci shops on each street corner. Granitic mountains, snow white sand, hotels suitable for royalty...
Get Email Alerts
Sign-up and receive Property Email Alerts of Sectional Titles for sale in Desroches, Seychelles.
Disclaimer: While every effort will be made to ensure that the information contained within the Tyson Properties website is accurate and up to date, Tyson Properties makes no warranty, representation or undertaking whether expressed or implied, nor do we assume any legal liability, whether direct or indirect, or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information. Prospective purchasers and tenants should make their own enquiries to verify the information contained herein.
Click & Drag